To engage PBS Australia as your Private Certifier to assess your application for Planning and/or Building Consent the following is required under the Development Act:
- PBS Engagement and Application form (DEVELOPMENT ACT) DOWNLOAD FORM
- Planning Consent from Council with all attached Conditions and Notes and Stamped Plans.
- A copy of any Plans, Specifications, Footings Design/Reports, Energy Efficiency Reports and any other relevant building documentation.
If your application is in one of the council regions effected by Phase Two of the PDI act, your job may need to be lodged via the ePlanning Portal as of July 31. To engage PBS Australia as an ‘Independent Assessor’ under the Planning Development and Infrastructure Act, please provide the following:
- PBS Application form (PDI ACT) DOWNLOAD FORM
- If the job hasn’t been lodged on the ePlanning Portal; an ELECTRONIC copy of any Plans, Specifications, Footings Design/Reports, Energy Efficiency Reports and any other relevant building documentation.
- If the job has been lodged on the ePlanning Portal, make sure to either assign Grant Riches, Anthony (Terry) Bush or William Lennon as the Building Certifier otherwise we cannot access and assess your documents.
Please send the application form and a copy of all the relevant documentation (if your application is not on the ePlanning portal) through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please either send your application through electronically to email@example.com. or send us/drop off hard copy files to our office on Marion Road. Please provide 2 copies of everything otherwise we may have to charge addition printing fees.
If you are in one of the councils that still require hard copy files and/or prefer to use hard copy files, send us/drop off hard copy files to our office on Marion Road. Please provide 2 copies of everything otherwise we may have to charge additional printing fees. If you submit your job electronically for a council only accepting hard copies, we may charge additional printing fees.
After all satisfactory details have been provided, your Planning and/or Building Consent will be issued and sent to Council for full Development Approval. Building Consent is usually issued within a week or two!
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to come in and speak to us or contact us on (08) 8374 2211.